Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Griffith Observatory

Although yesterday was super gloomy, I decided to make the best of it by visiting one of my favorite spots in LA, the Griffith Observatory.


There are several reasons why I absolutely love the observatory. First of all, the architecture is amazing. I didn't think it was possible for every angle of a building to be so beautiful! I especially love the details and the coloring of the doors and walls.


Second of all, this shit is free, people. Parking and all! Free is not a common phrase here in LA, so take advantage of it while it lasts. Third, the views from the observatory are breathtaking. Day or night (I prefer dusk!), Griffith is a great place to just sit down and meditate, which can be very beneficial in this crazy place. I would gladly trade in the time I sit in traffic to just sit around here.


Also, right next to the observatory are a bunch of hiking trails, including the one that leads to the Hollywood sign. No need to worry about poison oak or wild animals on these trails. As you can see, the paths are clearly laid out, which is great for just about anyone. Bring your pup, too. It's definitely a dog show on the weekends. Lastly, did I mention that coming here is free? Yup, I'm a cheap date, guys. Give me half of a beer and a trip to the observatory, and I'm yours. But really, I just know that you'll love this place as much as I do. Unfortunately, the observatory itself was closed (Mondays and Tuesdays), which means I'll have to come back to get shots of the light up Periodic Table of Elements some other time.

Griffith Observatory
2800 E Observatory Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90027

No comments:

Post a Comment