Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dinner Al Fresco

In honor of one of my dearest friend's birthday, I set up a little intimate dinner date in my backyard on Sunday evening.

 

Rachelle (the beautiful birthday girl!) brought these delicious Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches and spring rolls from Banh Mi Che Cali in Alhambra. Although I've only had them about a handful of times, these sandwiches are easily one of my top 5 favorite foods. I constantly crave the tangy and spicy vegetables in a warm baguette. Drooling.

I provided dessert from Joan's on Third, which is near the Beverly Center. I pretty much walked into the bakery section, and asked for the best selling desserts. Below you'll see a strawberry cream puff, a lemon bar, a chocolate coconut cupcake, and one of their amazing chocolate chip cookies. Yum! Not only is Joan's a great place for baked goods, but it's also a great place for breakfast, brunch, and lunch. It's always poppin' on the weekends, FYI.


I hope you had a great birthday, Rachelle! Love ya!


P.S. Don't you love her charm bracelet?! The bracelet itself is Juicy Couture while the charms are from Anthropologie. So adorable.



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet table setting! Also, you can go ahead and pack up that chocolate chip cookie and ship is straight to me. I'll send the address... :)

    Just ran across your blog and will be following along!

    Britt
    The Secondhand Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete