Friday, July 27, 2012

Unique LA

A couple of weekends ago, I had the pleasure of attending the 2nd Annual Unique LA Summer Show at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. Each season, Unique LA brings together people from all over Southern California to showcase their very own Made in America goods. And although Target is my number one love, I'm always down to support my local community one way or another.


While there were many amazing vendors there, my absolute favorite was none other than LA's very own NoeyCakes. The NoeyCakes menu included Banana Chocolate Chunk, Peach Cobbler, Churro, Mocha, and Meyer Lemon cupcakes. See close ups here!

My Banana Chocolate Chunk on the left, Jared's Mocha on the right
Not only is Noey a master baker extraordinaire, but she also so happens to sit less than ten feet away from my desk at work. I was so excited that she had the opportunity to showcase one of her greatest passions!

Another highlight of the event had to be the DIY bar, in which I finally brought to life my wildest Pinterest dreams... DIY bracelets!


Two DIY bracelets on the left, JewelMint friendship bracelets on the right
I've been dying to recreate these bracelets! Not only did they provide the materials, but there were also ladies everywhere to help us get started. There was definitely a "one bracelet per person" rule, so I was glad to have Jared there to grab another for me. And partially weave it for me. Ugh, adorbz.

After our bracelet making extravaganza, Jared and I ended our day at Unique LA by sharing these from the Me So Hungry food truck:

From left to right: the Cali Slider, the KTM Slider, and the Flyin' Hawaiian Slider. Yum!
If you missed out on this really cool event, not to worry, Unique LA will be back for the holidays. Also, if you're a SF or NY resident, keep an eye out for Unique SF and Unique NY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment