Friday, April 6, 2012

Love Letter

One of my all-time favorite songs is from the late, great Rilo Kiley entitled I Love LA. What's crazy about this song is that I have never been able to find a legit mp3 or a hard copy of it (or maybe I'm not looking hard enough?). I've only ever heard the song live (not complaining).

Anyway, after living here for almost three years, I finally feel comfortable enough to call LA my home. This definitely took some time though.. Pretty sure it was just yesterday that I started crying over yet another parking ticket. Or the fact that I somehow ended up in Inglewood again. Or how about the time that I sat in traffic for over an hour just to drive what usually takes 15 minutes? Wait, that's every day of my life, ha! I guess what I'm trying to say is despite all of the shitty days,  thank you, Los Angeles, for all of the adventures, the delicious food, celebrity sightings, fashion, art, culture, and really, just for being you. I Love LA is a beautiful love letter to this amazing city. The video is a little muffled, so click here for the lyrics. You're welcome, and have a lovely weekend!


But when the palm trees bow their heads
No matter how cruel I've been
LA, you always let me back in

6 comments:

  1. very nice blog and also good video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, Im officially your latest follower! I love LA too! (but not as much as Santa Cruz) but I swear.... you get JUST AS MANY parking tickets here in the Cruz! There are CRAZY parking restrictions, time limits... its basically the bane of my existence. I totally cry whenever I get a ticket too!

    -Nico

    www.satinandsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post so much. Everything is true... perfection. xx

    ReplyDelete