Friday, January 27, 2012

Mindy

via nytimes
If you know me pretty well, then you know that I am a huge fan of "The Office" (American version, with or without Steve Carrell). One my favorite characters on the show is ditzy and distracted Kelly Kapoor, who is played by none other than Ms. Mindy Kaling. What you probably don't know about Mindy is that she is one of the show's executive producers, a wonderfully hilarious author (check out her libro, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns), and also a fellow blogger extraordinaire (see The Concerns of Mindy Kaling). Did I mention that she is partially responsible for writing this beautiful moment in television history?

Season 6, Episodes 4 & 5: "Niagara" aka Jim and Pam's perfect wedding!
Anyway, what I love most about Mindy is that she does not resemble your typical LA woman. Curvaceous and of Indian descent (minorities FTW!), Mindy defies the expectations of a successful, working woman in an industry that is much about who you know rather than what you know. How did she get there, you ask? Hard work and pure talent. And that's the way it should be! You go, girl.

2 comments:

  1. I read her book and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely awesome! I'm glad she's so successful!

    xo jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete