Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Lady Jane


After a bit of retail therapy, my sister and I headed over to Sweet Lady Jane Bakery for a slice of something delicious. Not only is Sweet Lady Jane one of the cutest little bakery/cafes in Los Angeles, but its location is somewhat of a fashion mecca. DvF, Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, and Vivienne Westwood are just a few of the boutiques that reside in the same neighborhood.


The cakes are so colorful and adorable! I wish I could just take them all home. Not going to lie though, I'm still not sure if fondant is edible. Whatever.
 

We definitely did not get any of the cakes featured above. Instead, we opted for a classic: a slice of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Yum!


Red velvet can easily be done wrong, but Sweet Lady Jane definitely got it right. A rich and moist cake with the perfect cream cheese frosting. FYI, the slices here are pretty huge, so I definitely recommend sharing with a friend. And look who made an appearance..


My brand new studded bracelet (mentioned somewhere below)! I know, I'm crying too.

Sweet Lady Jane Bakery
8360 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069

6 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like an amazing place. I love LA, but unfortunately living in London nowadays doesn't allow me to go as often as I used to when I was living in the US

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's trade places; I'd love to be in London right about now!

      Delete
  2. All of these desserts look amazing! Im so hungry now! Love your blog! Would love it if you could stop by my blog and tell me what you think of my latest post! Follow me, I follow you?!

    xo
    Caitlin
    http://hauteeyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cakies! Mmm that slice of red velvet looks perfect. Love the DVF lights photo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should go together next time we're both in Santa Monica, even though I'm sure it'll take an hour and a half to get there -____-

      Delete